Roman Catholic Church of St. Nicholas (Senec)


The church is located in the southwestern part of the square, it is the oldest historical building in the town. It acquired its present form in the middle of the 18th century and its foundations date back to the gothic period. There is evidence that the church existed as early as 1308, when it was still a small wooden building.

The church has been reconstructed several times: in 1633 there was a Renaissance renovation, in 1740 a baroque renovation, and the last ones were in the 19th and 20th centuries. There are four altars in rococo style.

There are Stations of the Cross around the church. Nearby is the famous Lourdes Cave. An important religious monument of the town is the Chapel of the Holy Trinity near the main road leading from the town centre to the lakes. It was built in 1860 in the classical style.

Contact details

  • Farské námestie 1278, 903 01 Senec
  • +421 245 923 377

Current weather

SENEC Right now